Last Update: October 13th, 2016
1. ABOUT US
Commet (the “Service”) is a search engine for GitHub, Slack, and other development team platforms. You can integrate those platforms, make documents and discussions searchable, and easily clip important ones from search results. Data fetched from those platforms via their APIs is stored on servers located in Japan provided by Microsoft Azure. We offer Search, Bookmark, Edit features of the fetched data. Mobalab, KK owns and operates the Service out of Tokyo, Japan. The Service is a neutral venue that is not responsible for user conduct, content or interactions. our neutral venue is provided “as-is” with no warranties of any kind.
2. ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS OF SERVICE
Please read these Terms of Service (the “Terms”) before using the Service. Using the Service indicates that you accept these Terms. If you do not want to accept them, you may not use the Service. Please check this page periodically to take notice of any changes we made because they are binding on you. Your continued use of the Service following the posting of revised Terms of Service constitutes your acceptance of the changes.
3. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
- Ownership. By accessing the Service you agree that all of its contents is the proprietary information of Mobalab, KK and is protected by international copyright, patent, trademark and trade secret laws. You represent and warrant that you will conform your access, copying and use of all Service content to the purposes permitted under these Terms of Service. You must not alter or remove any copyright, trademark and other proprietary rights notices appearing on the Service. If you breach any of these Terms of Service, your authorization to use the Service will automatically terminate and you must immediately delete or destroy any downloaded or printed material. To reproduce or distribute any Service data that does not belong to you, you must obtain prior written permission of Mobalab, KK. To request permission, send an email to email@example.com, including your name and a description of your intended use. The Service is a search engine that collects data from 3rd party sites, so most of the contents displayed on our Service does not belong to us.
- Your Content. We do not share your personal information with third parties, however, we might sell data extracted from the personal info, such as statistics, knowledge base, and AI systems that "learned" from the personal info along with other fetched data. You retain ownership of any rights that you hold in the content you submit to our Service, provided, however, that when you submit any content to us, you give us a worldwide license to use, host, modify, create derivative works, publicly perform and distribute such content. This license you grant us is for the limited purpose of operating, promoting, and improving our Service. It is your sole responsibility to ensure you have sufficient rights to grant us this license for any of your content submitted to our Service. You can limit visibility of your personal information by adjusting appropriate settings within our Service. Our automated systems analyze your content to provide you and other users personally relevant product features, such as customized search results, personalized advertising and spam detection. We may use your feedback and recommendations without restrictions or any obligation to you.
- Copyright Infringement. We respect the intellectual property rights of others. All claims of copyright infringement on our Service will be investigated if reported to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we believe that any content violates any applicable law, we will remove or disable access to any infringing content and/or terminate or suspend the offending party’s account.
4. YOUR OBLIGATIONS
- You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to the Service.
- By submitting any content to or through the Service, you represent and warrant that you have full legal right to submit such content without violating any law, infringing upon rights of any third party, including, without limitation, copyright, privacy, publicity or other rights.
5. PROHIBITED CONDUCT
You must not:
- Use the Service for any illegal purpose, to violate anyone’s rights, including, without limitation, copyright, privacy and publicity rights.
- Submit false or illegal content, use a false name or impersonate any other person.
- Re-post content that we already erased.
- Send spam, promotional materials.
- Use offensive language, submit any abusive, defamatory, obscene, threatening, harassing, racially offensive, or similar material we deem objectionable.
- Access the Service to build a competing service.
- Stalk, harass or annoy others.
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage or disrupt any parts of the Service, the server on which the Service is stored, or any server, computer or database connected to the Service.
- Introduce any viruses or other harmful code of any kind, use any device, software or routine that interferes with the proper working of the Service.
- Otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Service or anyone’s use and enjoyment of it.
We have the right to take any action that we deem necessary or appropriate for violation of these Terms. We may:
- Fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity of anyone posting any materials on or through the Service.
- Disclose your identity to any third party who claims that material posted by you violates their rights, including their intellectual property rights or their right to privacy.
- Terminate or suspend your access to all or part of the Service for any or no reason, including without limitation, any violation of these Terms of Service.
- Block violator’s IP address and/or notify his or her Internet Service Provider
- Take appropriate legal action.
- As a neutral venue, we do not provide mediation, arbitration or other forms of resolving disputes between Service users. Nevertheless, we reserve the right to facilitate disputes in any way we deem appropriate.
- We may withdraw or change our Service in any way we deem appropriate without prior notice to you. We are not liable if for any reason all or any part of the Service is unavailable at any time or for any period.
You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Mobalab, KK, its officers, directors, employees, agents, licensors, suppliers, and affiliates from and against any claims, actions or demands, liabilities, and settlements, including but not limited to, reasonable legal and accounting fees resulting from, or alleged to result from, your data, your violation of these Terms of Service or any activity related to your account (including infringement of third parties' privacy rights or intellectual property rights or negligent or wrongful conduct) by you or any other person accessing this Service through your account.
We may refuse service and terminate accounts, for reasons including, but not limited to, a belief by Mobalab, KK, in its absolute discretion, that user conduct violates applicable law or is harmful to the interests of Mobalab, KK, its members, partners, suppliers, or other users, or for any other reason, at our sole discretion, with or without cause.
Mobalab, KK does not accept any liability for any data errors. Mobalab, KK will not accept liability for any loss or damage or inconvenience arising as a consequence of any use of or the inability to use any information within the Service. Use and rely on any information at your own risk. Mobalab, KK does not represent or warrant that the information accessible via the website is accurate, complete or up to date.
10. NO WARRANTIES
To the fullest extent permitted by law, Mobalab, KK disclaims liability for any loss, damage or inconvenience arising as a consequence of any use of or the inability to use this Service. The information on the Service is provided "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. Mobalab, KK does not warrant that the functional aspects of the Service will be uninterrupted or error free or that the Service or the server are free of viruses or other harmful components. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so the above exclusion may not apply to you.
11. LINKED WEBSITES
Mobalab, KK takes no responsibility for the contents of linked websites and such links do not constitute endorsement of any kind. Mobalab, KK has no control over the availability of the linked pages.
12. CONSENT TO ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS
- Relationship of the Parties. These Terms do not create any agency, joint venture, partnership, employer-employee relationship. All parties are independent contracting parties.
- Assignment. You may not assign your rights and obligations under these Terms of Service without our prior written consent. We may transfer, assign or subcontract the rights, interests or obligations under the Terms of Service, at our sole discretion, without obtaining your consent.
- Headings. The section titles in the Terms of Service are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect.
- Severability. Should any part of these Terms of Service be rendered or declared invalid by an appropriate authority, such invalidation of such part or portion of these Terms of Service should not invalidate the remaining portions thereof, and they shall remain in full force and effect.
- Waiver. Enforcement of these Terms of Service is solely in our discretion, and failure to enforce the Terms of Service in some instances does not constitute a waiver of our right to enforce them in other instances.
- Linking. You may link to our Service in a way that is legal, fair and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists. You must not establish a link from any website that is not owned by you. You agree to cooperate with us in causing any unauthorized framing or linking immediately to cease. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
- Governing Law and Jurisdiction. These Terms are governed by the laws of Japan, with the exclusion of its principles of conflicts of laws which would permit the application of laws of another jurisdiction. Any litigation, dispute or claim arising from or related to the use of the Service shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the courts located in Tokyo, Japan and you hereby accept to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of those courts.
- Updates. We update Terms every once in a while as we deem appropriate, without notifying you. The date of last update is indicated at the top of this page. Please check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we made, as they are binding on you. Your continued use of the Service following the posting of revised Terms of Service constitutes your acceptance of the changes.
- Prevailing Language. In case of discrepancies between the English version of these Terms and any foreign language translation, the English version shall prevail.
- Contact Us. All feedback, comments, requests for technical support and other communications relating to the Service should be directed to our customer service representative at email@example.com.